On Board with Me Project - Delivering Board Disability Diversity
The On Board with Me Project is a 2017-2018 ILC Funding project through the WA Department of Communities. The project commenced in August 2018 and will run for 12-months, with the work being delivered by Project Officer Tracy Destree.
This page provides detail on the On Board with Me project milestones:
On 24 July 2019, PWdWA released the Board Disability Diversity and Inclusion Report. The Report covers:
- The work undertaken over the 12-month On Board with Me Project, and project deliverables
- The Board Candidate Development program
- The results and analysis of the Board Disability Diversity Survey conducted across the Western Australian Community Services Sector in 2019
- Recommendations to improve representation rates for people with disability at Board level, and in senior management and executive roles
On 24 July 2019, 16 On Board with Me Candidates Graduated from the "On Board with Me Candidate Development Program". Eleven of these Candidates were able to attend the Graduation Ceremony where Hon Stephen Dawson MLA presented graduates with their certificates. The photo below shows the Candidates proudly holding their Certificates, with the Minister and PWdWA Staff.
It was a great afternoon of celebration and recognition. If you are looking for Board-ready candidates, contact PWdWA for more details on 9420 7279 or [email protected]
The Inclusion and Diversity Policy Template is designed for Boards to demonstrate commitment to Inclusion and Diversity and for defining measureable outcomes to achieve cultural change. The template provides an example of how some leaders in the sector are driving change from the Board level.
WORD File: Inclusion and Diversity Policy Template
PDF File: Inclusion and Disability Policy Template
Professional Resume Template with suggested format and content for candidates seeking Board or professional roles
WORD File: Professional Resume Template
PDF File: Professional Resume Template
A Guide for Candidates seeking appointment to a Board or Committee of Management. Provides advice to candidates and Board seeking to improve board membership diversity and inclusion
WORD File: Board Candidate Guide
PDF File: Board Candidate Guide PDF
On 16 May 2019, PWdWA in partnership with National Disability Services WA partnered for the Disability Board Disability Diversity Breakfast Forum. Targetting Board Chairs, Directors and CEOs in the sector, 44 people attended to hear keynote presenations from:
- Tracy Destree, On Board with Me Project Officer [Powerpoint Presentation] [PDF Presentation]
- Christina Ryan, CEO and Founder, Disability Leadership Institute [Presentation]
The Presentations were then followed by a Panel discussion. Panellists included:
- Samantha Jenkinson, Executive Director PWdWA (Moderator)
- Prof Angus Buchanan, Board Chair Avivo
- Prof David Gilchrist, Board Chair, Nulsen
- Ms. Lisa Burnette, President and Committee of Management Chair, PWdWA
The Forum received excellent feedback from those attending, and generated significant interest on what steps the Sector leaders will be taking to resolve Board Disability Diversity gaps.
IMAGE: Forum Presenters and Panellists sitting in a semi circle looking at the camera in front on PWdWA and NDS banners.
From Right: Samantha Jenkinson, PWdWA; Prog Angus Buchanan, Avivo; Lisa Burnette, PWdWA; David Gilchrist, Nulsen; Tracy Destree, PWdWA; Christina Ryan, Disability Leadership Institute; Geoff Holden, NDS WA.
Read our May 2019 report about the OBM Project Strategy and Project Deliverables below.