On Board with Me
Have you ever considered or tried to get onto a Board but feel you don’t have the right skills or the opportunity? The On Board with Me project wants to improve the situation and open up opportunities for people with disability to be appointed to Boards.
This project will work with organisations by looking at Board recruitment processes, and connect them to our candidates. We will also work with training organisations that can help develop and connect candidates to these opportunities when they arise.
Our approach to this 12-month project will reach out to:
- Candidates - people with disability aspire to being on a Board
- Training Organisations – support training programs and identify new opportunities
- Community Service Organisations - who are interested in improving Board Diversity and support new candidates
More details of the project and how to be involved can be obtained in the link below. If you are interested in participating or would just like to learn more about the project, please contact Tracy Destree at [email protected]
Inclusion and Disability Policy - Template 2019
The draft Inclusion and Disability Policy Template is designed for Boards to demonstrate commitment to Inclusion and Diversity and for defining measureable outcomes to achieve cultural change. The template provides an example of how some leaders in the sector are driving change from the Board level.
Please review content and provide feedback by 25 June 2019 to [email protected]
Delivering Board Disability Diversity Breakfast Forum - May 2019
On 16 May 2019, PWdWA in partnership with National Disability Services WA partnered for the Disability Board Disability Diversity Breakfast Forum. Targetting Board Chairs, Directors and CEOs in the sector, 44 people attended to hear keynote presenations from:
- Tracy Destree, On Board with Me Project Officer [Powerpoint Presentation] [PDF Presentation]
- Christina Ryan, CEO and Founder, Disability Leadership Institute [Presentation]
The Presentations were then followed by a Panel discussion. Panellists included:
- Samantha Jenkinson, Executive Director PWdWA (Moderator)
- Prof Angus Buchanan, Board Chair Avivo
- Prof David Gilchrist, Board Chair, Nulsen
- Ms. Lisa Burnette, President and Committee of Management Chair, PWdWA
The Forum received excellent feedback from those attending, and generated significant interest on what steps the Sector leaders will be taking to resolve Board Disability Diversity gaps.
IMAGE: Forum Presenters and Panellists sitting in a semi circle looking at the camera in front on PWdWA and NDS banners.
From Right: Samantha Jenkinson, PWdWA; Prog Angus Buchanan, Avivo; Lisa Burnette, PWdWA; David Gilchrist, Nulsen; Tracy Destree, PWdWA; Christina Ryan, Disability Leadership Institute; Geoff Holden, NDS WA.
On Board with Me Project – Program Update May 2019
Read our May 2019 report about the OBM Project Strategy and Project Deliverables below.